Tuesday, November 30, 2004

punch drunk playing footsies in the rain

Today was going to be a normal day off and I had so many plans for things that I was going to accomplish. It was rainy, so I was planning on working indoors and organizing the house. But my podiatrist changed my plans in just a matter of moments. It was just a routine checkup on what I thought was a foot fungus. I've been using this cream that was prescribed for a few weeks now, but the problem had still not cleared up. After a few minutes of observation, the doctor felt it was best to perform a punch biopsy on the area. So, I lay sideways while he first of all sprayed an aerosol solution that was very cold and froze the side of my foot. Then he inserted a needle full of some sort of anesthesia in my heel. This was painful. I had to look away and close my eyes while taking some very deep breaths and trying not to say the curse words that were forming in my mind. After a few seconds, my foot was entirely numb. Then he took a punch tool and removed a couple of small circular disks of tissue from the surface of the affected area. Then the nurse and he cleaned the foot and bandaged it. I have an appointment in a week and will find out the lab results then. Tomorrow when I take the bandage off, I will rub some antibiotic cream on the wound and cover it with a bandaid. In the meantime, it hurts like heck, so I've been trying to stay off of it the best I can. I still have to make dinner and go to choir practice tonight. I am playing the organ for a Christmas cantata that will be held in a couple of weeks. It seems like I'm always rushing from one project to the next without taking a breather. Such is life in the fast lane...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?