Wednesday, December 01, 2004

blonde bowling

Wednesday is my league bowling night. I have a lot of fun at bowling , even though my average is only 98. I bowled my average the first two games, and then bowled really well on the last game and pulled out a 125. Well, 125 is a good score for a genetically inferior female like me, anyway! I had a very "blonde" moment in the second game. I was talking to some friends and listening intently to the music playing from the jukebox, so intently that I walked up to the lane and tried to bowl out of turn . The only excuse that I could come up with was that I'm blonde. One fun thing that I like to do when the lane has problems like the ball didn't return or a lane is stuck on a "180" is when I'm calling in the problem on the intercom, I'll say "by the way, I need fries AND an apple pie with that too!" It's a standing joke between the bowling alley personnel and me. but for someone who has never heard me say that, I really have them going there for a while. I would be totally speechless if they actually did bring me over fries and an apple pie. I'm sure that the look on my face would be like the dog that chases cars, and finally catches one. I'm president of our local women's bowling association, and we never have a dull moment. I even started an annual bowling tournament that we do around the 4th of July where people win prizes for Most Gutter Balls, Lowest Score, Highest Score, Most Splits, and other fun categories that you don't find in a "normal" bowling tournament. I feel that bowling does not need to be serious all the time. If you can't have fun, then why be there in the first place?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?