Tuesday, December 28, 2004

happy merry christmas

This Christmas was very nice. Early Christmas Eve afternoon, we had a visit from my stepson Jason, his wife Beth, and their son Garrett. We exchanged gifts with them and sat around talking for a while. Next on the agenda was my mother-in-law's annual Christmas banquet. My husband Marvin fried a turkey for us to take over. There were about twenty people in attendance this year. Everyone brought a man or woman's gift, and we played bingo. When you won, you picked out your gift. Everyone had the option to take a gift that someone else had already selected, otherwise known as "Dirty Santa", but no one exercised that option. I selected a porcelain snowman (i collect snowmen) that had an opening at the back where you can also insert a candle to light him up.

I have some friends who took some pictures I took of my mother-in-law's Christmas house and put them on a website as her personal page. They added Christmas music, and it is pretty cool. Check it out at: www.ecsis.net/~oscearce.

Marvin and I took our presents over to his mother's house the next morning, and we opened our presents along with his brother, niece, and mother. I got a lot of nice things and I'm very thankful for everything. I received clothes, jewelry, DVDs ("A Christmas Story" and "Simon & Garfunkel Old Friends"), a vacuum cleaner, a coffee table, a silver breakfast set, a casserole serving set, a couple of food gift sets, gift cards from JC Penny's & Hastings, an M&Ms Christmas candy dish, and assorted cards and letters from various friends. I'm going to take advantage of the after-Christmas specials and make full use of those gift cards. Thanks for everything, everybody!

This time of year makes me thankful for my family and extended family and friends. That's what Christmas is all about really. It's about celebrating the birth of Jesus with those who mean the most to us. I hope everyone had a great holiday, and may 2005 be good to all of you.



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?