Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Happy New Year

Happy New Year Everybody! I hope that the start of your year is going well. I brought the new year in at a 40-Frame Game bowling party. It was fun, adults-only, BYOB. Marvin is the designated driver and I'm the designated drinker. I drank Fuzzy Navels all night long and didn't have a hangover afterwards either. The next evening we had a 50th birthday dinner for Marvin at our house. We had nine people over: my mother-in-law, and my two stepsons and their families. I made minute steaks with gravy (his request was "like Mama used to make!"), broccoli-cauliflour salad, mashed potatoes, macaroni & cheese, green peas, and German Chocolate cake. I spent all afternoon cooking and was very tired afterwards. The most stressful part was making the minute steak with gravy "like Mama used to make." I called her and told her what I was doing, and she gladly gave me her recipe. I passed the test though, and got her approval when she arrived at the house.

After dinner, most everyone left except for the son and his wife from Nashville who were spending the night with us. He gave his dad a Texas Hold 'em poker set, so we all spent a couple of hours playing poker. I was the first one to lose all my chips, so I don't think you'll see me playing on TV anytime soon! Our other son gave him a movie coupon book and some gift certificates to a local restaurant. My gift was tickets to "Little Shop of Horrors" , an off-Broadway production that will be playing in Nashville at the end of this month.

The first day of the new year was great, and we got to see a lot of family too. The next step is getting my Christmas decorations down, and back up in the attic. Our attic is the type where you climb up this ladder, and then things have to be handed up to you. It's an aerobic workout just getting up and down! More fun to be had by all...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?