Thursday, June 30, 2005

Beatles

Jonathan also gave me some small round Beatles pins that were very nice. I've been collecting Beatles paraphanalia since 1964, when the bobblehead dolls of the loveable moptops were on my birthday cake. I've got quite a few of their albums, but not nearly as many as my friend Laura does. We've been friends since college, and she has been a Beatles fan for as long as I have. When I was in Dallas last summer, I had the privilege of attending a performance of a Beatles tribute band, "A Hard Night's Day". These guys are truly awesome, and they play all over Texas. It was cool to hang out with the band and the various fans who come out every week. Laura sometimes plays the tambourine for them on a song or two. Of course, Guinness stout had to be the drink of the night because British band = British beer. The music of the Beatles continues to be timeless and never out of style. I think that for every situation in life, you can find a Beatles lyric that sums it all up. From Me to You, Janna

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?