Thursday, June 16, 2005

St. Louis Cardinals

The St. Louis Cardinals is my favorite Major League baseball team of all time. They totally redeemed themselves from the World Series fiasco when they won 2 out of 3 games against the Boston Red Sox a couple of weeks ago. My question is: Where were these guys last year at World Series time? I realize that a few players have been added and changed around, so that's really more of a rhetorical/hindsight question than anything else. As a present for Marvin for Father's Day, I purchased tickets for the Cardinals/Braves game in St. Louis on August 6th. He already knows though, because I'm not very good at keeping secrets. I called him and asked him to make sure that he was off on August 6th. When he asked me why, I told him that we were going to have plans. Then he asked me, "What row is it on? Will I need to bring my binoculars?" I did not think quick enough, so I totally gave myself away with my silence. This is also the last year for the Cardinals to play in Busch Stadium, so we wanted to make it over there for the last season. We saw a very interesting news segment about the construction of the new stadium. St. Louis is very near the New Madrid fault in Missouri, so the new stadium is being built to handle earthquakes. It is built in sections that are more flexible and will be able to withstand shaky ground.

It will be good to see the Cardinals in person again. Our seats are fairly high up, but it will still be a great trip and I know that we will have a wonderful time.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?